Saturday, August 29, 2009

Android Book Mobile

I entered my Android application into the Android Developer Challenge II. You can read more about what "Book Mobile" does and my thoughts behind the name over at the product website.
  • I've integrated the Google book api into Android.
  • I use the GoodReads api to get reviews for books.
  • I integrated with zxing for barcode scanning to read ISBNs.
  • Because of this missing feature in Android I had to draft my own login dialog for users to enter their google account credentials.
Now for the frustrating part. How they setup the registration/entry process to the ADC means if I want my application available on the market, I have to repackage. This means changing the AndroidManifest.xml and refactoring all the code to have a new package structure. That doesn't seem so bad, right?

No comments: