Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Subversive Eclipse on Jaunty Ubuntu

I got all obsessed over the weekend. I needed stable sound from my laptop. I mean really, who can code without music!? I don't want to talk about that. I had a painful path form Hardy to Jaunty. But that's not why I'm posting.

After a complete re-install of Ubuntu I was reinstalling Eclipse and Subversive. It failed. The "SVN Connectors" drop down was empty. Turned out I fell victim to a bad link over to Polarion. That was answered over on stackoverflow. As stated in that answer, this is the right update site url to get the connectors from Polarion: http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/


I wanted to use the javaHL connector, so I also needed this step.

  • sudo apt-get install libsvn-java
  • put "-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni" in eclipse.ini


Thanks guys/gals. Hopefully I won't forget how to do this stuff. (next time an OC urge strikes to set myself back 3 days)

No comments: